Wednesday 23 April 2008

Univega are BACK!!!!

Welcome to the new Univega Blog!

This is where you will be able to follow the exploits of Team Univega at races accross the UK and Europe. I will be racing about twice a week from April until September. Including Le Etape du Tour and Megavalanche in France and the TransRockies in Canada.

So far I have done 3 races for Univega. The 661 Minidownhill at Chicksands was my first outing in full team colours and was a great day out! Good weather and a course requiring lots of peddling gave me my first podium, a 3rd place in Masters! A nice debut for the Univega RAM XF-932.

The National Points Series 4X racing at Chicksands didn't go as planned. I only made the quater finals and was a bit dissapointed with me efforts but still had a good day out. The masters category has gotten really competative with more and more guys crossing over from their childhood BMX days (me included). It makes for good close racing and we all get along really well.

Last night was a less than spectacular debut for the Univega Via Mountain King Team. I took it down to the Mallory Park Tuesday night race series for it's first outing having only finished putting it together in the afternoon. The bike was lovely to ride but unfortunately my nutrition let me down and I had to drop out with bad leg cramps with just 4 laps to go! Next week will be better I promise!

Once again, welcome to the Univega team blog. Check out the website and download the Catalogue and Price List then give us a call! Looking forward to hearing from you.


Tom!

No comments: